Saturday, September 15, 2012

Old Blog is Being Updated

Hi Garden Lovers

A few years I started this blog then got too busy to keep it up.  I am now retired and ready to resume garden blogging.  I intend to mainly post about what I am doing in my garden but I'll post articles on here - there are a few old ones- from time to time.  I am a Master Gardener and I actually taught garden classes but you will see that my garden is not exactly a "Master Garden"  Its probably a lot more like your garden.  I tend to favor old fashioned garden ideas and plants and I am always interested in knowing more about plants than presenting a picture perfect garden.

There are challenges to my gardening.  One is money.  The other is my physical capabilities.  I can no longer work for long periods of time on a project or I will have my hands and knees screaming at me.  But I work for short periods of time when I can and I work with the resources I have.  You'll often find me laying on the ground in front of my garden work, with vultures circling overhead.  I'm not kidding- they roost in my woods and always seem to show up when they see a body on the ground. 

I share my garden with my turkeys, chickens and cats.  I devote another blog to chicken-farm interests.  But my hobbies do seem to overlap.  I also write a weekly garden newsletter which goes out free to a large group.  It shares information on current garden problems and presents some garden articles written by myself and others.   It occaisionally presents actual opinions ( gasp) expressed by this old gardener.  You can sign up for that weekly newsletter by emailing KimWillis151@gmail.com  and asking to be put on the list.

I intend to post actual pictures of my garden here as well as pictures from other gardens.  And this blog will focus on my efforts as a gardener rather than giving out advice, although that will no doubt slip in from time to time-its hard to stop teaching.  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment